3 months (this is what I remember/have videos of):
-Started really grabbing and playing with the toys on her bouncy seat
-First good laughs I think Sept. 7 and I got a video of it the next day. I'll post the videos separately because I have to get Chris to make the files small enough to upload. It was such a wonderful sound to hear from my baby girl that I cried and called my mom (Chris was in class).
-Sept. 14 rolled over to the left from back to tummy. I'll post a video of that too. Once she did it, she tried nonstop the rest of the day until she had it perfected.
-Took a trip to California that I already posted about
And here's her beautiful 3 month photo shoot (yes, the flower is large, but I've seen worse, so shut up).

4 months
weight 13.65 lbs (50%ile)
length 25 in (77%ile)
head 16.3 in (59%ile)
-Right before 4 months, on our trip to California, Claire got her first tooth. Then a week later she had another one right next to it. She was super tough and handled the teething very well. I totally didn't see it coming.
-She started eating solid foods. I really had no interest in starting this early. I thought people who were eager to start right at 4 months were crazy. I like nursing. Why complicate things? But then she started staring at my food and smacking her lips. She was sometimes acting unsatisfied after nursing. She was waking up more often. So I gave her some bananas. This is how she feels about them:

Since then, she has also tried carrots and avocado (things that we had on hand and are listed as good "first foods"). The favorite so far? Avocado. Who'da thunk?
In other news, this is how cute she is these days


She likes sticking out her tongue, playing peek-a-boo, sucking her thumb and other fingers, trying to sit up, and practicing rolling over. She's really good at going to the left from back to tummy. She sometimes tries to go to the right and then remembers that's not the easy way. She has successfully gotten back onto her back 4 or 5 times, but isn't very good at it. She usually just waves her arm around and then gives up:

We took a fall drive/walk up to Bridal Veil Falls park a couple weeks ago. It was beautiful.


4 comments:
Love the tongue-out 4 mo. picture. And the foliage up at Bridal Veil Falls is amazing.
OOOOHHHH!!! This is making me so excited for Christmas. What a precious angel girl. I'm so happy for you guys, and glad you're just living this time up :) Miss you!
She is so cute! 2 teeth already! Our little guy isn't even showing signs yet. Can't wait to see the videos :)
That little tongue, looks just like when Chris was a baby. Oh my. What a personality - already starting to shine thru. You guys loook like really happy parents.
Love Grandma and Grandpa
Post a Comment