Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Claire weeks 3-4

Week 3: Chris and our dear friend J got the furniture arranged in our new apartment and Chris organized boxes into the right places. On Monday, Chris started class and work and I started being a stay-at-home mom. All by myself. I was nervous and excited. I really just sat around and held the baby and took her for walks. But by Friday, when Chris stayed late to help a friend with his computer, I decided I felt totally abandoned. Chris had been home with me for almost 3 weeks (since he stayed home from work sick the couple days before Claire was born), we had tons of family around the previous week, and now no one was around. I decided I really need to find some friends and things to do!! We went to a ward BBQ on Saturday to meet some people, and went to church on Sunday. Our ward is really friendly, with a good range of people from newlyweds to families with 5 young kids to old geezers.
Milestones:
*Mom's first week alone with baby, Dad's first week back in school
*Right at 3 weeks old, daddy gave baby a bottle. She loved it. It is a sweet way for them to bond.
*Claire went to church for the first time. I discovered the mysteries of the mother's lounge.

3 weeks old:




Week 4: Same kind of thing as week 3, but things were better. For one, we had internet, plus I started venturing out of the house more. Claire and I went grocery shopping, out to dinner with friends, bought a stroller at Babies R Us... big exciting things! On Friday, at 4 weeks old, we had a BBQ/bonfire up Provo Canyon for Uncle Freddy's birthday. Claire was great- remember, she loves fresh air. She mostly slept and really snuggled up when it got cold. It was great fun and Chris cooked some amazing steaks! I was about to say this was her first trip to the mountains/first bonfire, but it wasn't. We also did this up Millcreek Canyon when she was 1 week old for Uncle Clint's birthday! We are training her well.

4 weeks old:

Relaxing outdoors:


No comments: