Tuesday, April 19, 2011

34 weeks and counting

I had high hopes of weekly journaling and picture taking throughout this pregnancy. I guess a once-a-trimester update will have to do.

So from about week 20 to week 29 I felt good. I enjoyed being "cute pregnant" and being able to tell people an enthusiastic "Good!!" when they asked how I was feeling. Then I started feeling a little nauseous again. After 10 uneventful weeks, I threw up. Oh no. But, as things went in the first trimester, I felt a little better after that and just went to work. Lo and behold, I still felt pretty bad and did what I had managed to avoid for so long-- threw up at work. I felt totally miserable. Chris was at work with the car, so I had to wait for him to have a break when he could come take me home. I went and laid in the nurse's office at my school and cried because I was afraid that the 1st trimester was coming back and I was NOT going to be able to deal with that. I went home and slept all day. Well, I ended up getting a TERRIBLE cold through the rest of that week and weekend and I blame the nausea on that. I have never had a cold hit me so hard and I thought I might cough the baby right out. I got Chris sick too :( I gotta say, though, I kind of like having an excuse to stay on the couch together alllll weekend and watch x-files.

But we survived! Now we're counting down the weeks until this little girl makes her appearance. By mid-day each day I feel like the baby is going to tear right through my belly and fall out the front of me. But I LOVE watching her squirm. I love that I can actually see my belly moving around and feel it to guess what's poking me where. I celebrate when I make it through the night in my own bed instead of the couch. (Chris probably celebrates when I leave for the couch.) There's much to talk about still, but I'll save it for later. Pictures coming soon.

No comments: