Tuesday, March 18, 2008

life is goood

Man. Everything really seems to be coming together. I got into grad school, I just got a new fantastic job, and last night we found somewhere to live!

I've been looking for a job to start this summer and hoped to find something that I could carry through the coming school year as well. I was feeling pretty useless with my useless bachelors degree until I came across this job tutoring. I haven't yet experienced how fantastic it is really going to be, but I am excited to find out. I will be tutoring kids in reading, math, and speech. Speech! That's what I do!! So the last 4 years DID get me somewhere other than into more school! I'm not really sure how it all works yet, but I think the speech tutoring is just supplementing their actual speech-pathologist for less pay. I'm going to start in a couple weeks and as long as they like me I can do the tutoring full-time in the summer, and back to part-time in the fall. Perfect! Plus, it pays really well.

So I got that job yesterday morning. Then last night we found ourselves a lovely little apartment. Not much to say about it, except that it exists and it will be ours (for the summer at least). The couple we're buying the contract from wants to move back in the fall, but we should be able to find another apartment in the complex if we want to stay. YAY! I cannot begin to describe how eager I am to only live with my husband rather than 6 girls.

3 comments:

Mormhand said...

Jenny, thanks for starting the blog. It's a great way to get to know you better. I like the shoes but I won't be wearing them ... and congratulations on both the master's program and finding the job. It's a great adventure, and the fun is just starting. Love from all of us back here in Virginia - Fred

Anne Woods said...

yeah!!! A few more days and you will be married. Good luck with getting everything together this week! See ya in Cali!!

Karen said...

How many days, girl???? We are excited!!!! Can't wait to see you and Cwos--that's his nickname, in case he hasn't told you that :o) You'll have to ask him how he got it!